Monday, April 23, 2012

Blog Stalking

Hi friends!
I've been blog stalking lately, and found some goodies to share with you!
First, the Texas Association of School Librarians gave the elementary library blog of the year award to Tanglewood Elementary Library in Fort Worth, Texas. Her blog is great, and here's an idea you can use on your own library website or blog....WIDGETS!


Widgets provide automatically updated content to keep your website or blog lively. I've added the Reading Rockets widget to my school library blog. It provides a reading tip of the day to the parents who visit you online. Here is the embed code:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdn.widgetserver.com/syndication/subscriber/InsertWidget.js"></script><script type="text/javascript">if (WIDGETBOX) WIDGETBOX.renderWidget('457b24e9-d778-4181-99f1-915407b4283a');</script><noscript>Not seeing a widget? (<a href="http://docs.widgetbox.com/using-widgets/installing-widgets/why-cant-i-see-my-widget/">More info</a>)</noscript>



If you use the Accelerated Reader program, you can grab their widget for updated AR statistics for your school.

I want to keep our school library blog updated and relevant to families, and I think widgets will help make that happen.

Do you have any ways to engage families on YOUR library website or blog?




2 comments:

  1. Speaking of great blogs to follow, Cari! I feel like I haven't commented in a while... but I've been talking about you and your book an awful lot!

    Our county is considering extended Library Media classes from 45 to 60 minutes and many colleagues have asked for suggestions on what to do with that extra time (concern specifically with the primary grades). When I mentioned that I planned on implementing library centers from ideas in your book as well as this fabulous blog, the room turned, craving to hear more. Needless to say, I think you'll have a wave of teacher librarians from my neck of the woods eating up your every word as we transition into the next school year (no pressure :P ).

    Thanks for doing amazing things and for being thoughtful and generous enough to share your ideas with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thanks so much for your encouraging words!

      Delete