Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Scholastic All-Star Book Fair (more)

Hi friends!

I posted a few days ago about the All-Star Book Reviews center I've created to generate student book reviews and decorations for the book fair.

In one of the comments, Miss Liberry Teacher (and I know that we've all been called that a time or two!) shared the link to her post about the Scholastic All-Star Book Fair. If you are having a book fair this fall, you'll want to check out her photos.


I especially loved the ideas of borrowing a volleyball net from the PE teachers to display posters on, and gathering photos of teachers playing sports as kids! I think my PE teachers might like to use the teacher photo display later in the year as they encourage our students to exercise and play sports.

If you're reading this blog, be sure to check out the comments, too. We have some awesome readers (like YOU) with super ideas to share!


5 comments:

  1. I am in the process of planning our book fair as well. Of course because it is with scholastic it is the same theme. I am going to take a poll of the students with which sport is their favorite and have that displayed after the sale is over and also I will have a teacher display reading books about their favorite sport with nothing but the tops of their heads showing for the students to guess who it might be. Nothing too exciting but Already I am doing more than last year. I do love your idea about the net. I might have to see about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing this idea, Small Town Librarian! That's what it's all about, right? Doing a little more than last year.

      Delete
  2. Hi Cari! Thanks so much for the link to my blog! I forgot to include something in the original post. I always try to give a small thank you to my volunteers. This year, I bought boxes of Cracker Jacks (3/$1 at Publix) and wrapped them in sports cellophane bags from the Dollar Tree and then tied with ribbon. It was cute and (since I had about 40 volunteers) cheap! :)

    Jennifer (Miss Liberry Teacher)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, that's such a cute (and inexpensive) idea. I love it! I've added it to a blog post for later this week. Thanks for sharing your super ideas!

      Delete